Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Journeys...

21 Days make a habit, I think by that time you either keep it going or you give up, that 4th week is a challenge to see if it stays or goes. This is the 4th week of my Blog, and I am not sure if it stays or goes. It will stay, I want to keep this, especially with all the wonderful, positive support from everyone. But I have had a tough time this past week finding inspiration. Then it all came together at the last minute and ideas started to flow.
I was thinking on journeys through life and journeys that one starts for a particular reason but ends up discovering another along the way. How simple projects can lead you down intresting pathways and  find new meanings, a new purpose. As in the story "Eat, Pray, Love" where after a divorce Liz travels to experience life in the aspect of each fully. To find a purpose, direction, meaning in life. The story of "Julia & Julie" where Julie decides to spice up her life by cooking her way through Julia Child's cookbook, which she then blogs about it. Each of these brought about revelations in each of their lives, a new perspective.
Humm, ideas there? Some, but I am not ready to take on a project such as that yet. But what would I do? Maybe travel to each State. Work on a project I did start years ago when driving across country of taking a picture of each "Welcome to... " state sign. If I could find someone to fund this adventure, it would make a great movie. Maybe follow the "Run to the Roses" trail of 3 year old's in prep races up to the Kentucky Derby, and on to the "Race for the Triple Crown". If you have a couple thousand for me to spend just let me know.
The fact of it all really is that life is a journey, and there are many experiences that you make into your own journey, and I have had many along the way.
One trait that seems to follow through all of these experiences is determination, sticking to it, following through. There are many times I have wanted to throw in the towel, but I can't I just have to finish it out. I have had "trials & tribulations" that I had to get through that were a matter of just getting through it. Later though, in looking back I have discovered lessons I have learned, traits I have developed, and a lot of Character that was built.
Maybe I have not experienced life to the fullest, maybe I am not the most successful, but I have found self-confidence in many aspects of my life, and as you will find out over the course of this "project" I am who I am. No, I don't think a movie will be made, or a reality TV show. Perhaps a best seller book though.... Most of all the real theme is that of Self-Confidence. That is really what I have been searching for and the revelation I have had. It took me 40 years to figure out what many do in High School, but well that is what makes me, ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment